Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013...Last day of our tours

Hello to everyone back home. This will be my shortest blog without photos. Today our first stop was Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Museum. Everytime I visit, I see more and more that makes me emotional. Today was no different. We also saw the children of the Holocaust Museum as well. Talk about moving you to tears, this will do it. Words are inadequate to describe the emotions you feel. Everyone should experience this emotion of the Holocaust one time in their life. From there we went to Israel's National Cemetery (like our Arlington Cemetery), where all the great leaders of Israel are buried, along with young soldiers killed in the wars. This Cemetery is called Mount Herzl after the true visionary who wanted a Jewish State and did not live to see it come to fruition in 1948. His name was Theodore Herzl. Once we finished, we went to Hebrew University for a Bar and Bat Mitzvah ceremony, followed by dinner. Tomorrow we leave for our tournament accomodations in Jerusalem. We will attend the Opening Ceremony on Thursday at Teddy Stadium and then open our group play on Friday at 4:00 pm against Uruguay.

I will have my next blog after the Opening Ceremony. So until then, I will say goodnight from Israel, with much love for my family and Goldens.

Coach G

1 comment: